Saturday, 26 January 2013

Revisited: Wedding photos (Part 2)




We also wanted our wedding breakfast to be extremely personal and to reflect our personalities. For me that of course was all about colour and pattern! I loved the idea of creating a village fair / country kitchen vintage style with florals and polka dots and subtle clashes that somehow just went together! My wonderful Nan made the table cloths, we bought crockery from charity shops and used mismatched paper napkins by the amazing Cath Kidston to create the effect. 




To make it even more personal to us and to keep with the country theme, we named each table after chicken breeds, which included breeds of chickens that we were keeping in our garden at the time. (Although, sadly since the wedding we have lost our lovely chickens to a fox :( )



I created the above designs as table markers, as well as the below wedding favour, which was printed on special flower seed paper and linked to the wedding stationery from earlier in the day to give each of our guests something special to take away.

(The chicken drawings now form part of my licensing portfolio - Get in touch for more information.)

Saturday, 12 January 2013

Revisited: Wedding photos (Part 1)


I've had a lovely long Christmas break and have taken the opportunity to have a good sort out of my studio! I was delighted when I came across a memory card with some photos that I thought were lost! They are from the day before my wedding a year and a half ago and it was always my intention to share them with you. The first set of images were taken in the barn where I got married and show the order of service and reserved seating cards I designed. Those of you who have visited my blog for a while will recognise that they match the 'save the date' card and invitations from my previous post.



Until I looked at these photos I had forgotten just how much work went into planning a wedding. We wanted it to be very personal, so spent a lot of time creating elements to make it atmospheric. For example, the floral screens to the left of the image above were actually pieces of garden trellis, which we painted, hung fabric behind and hinged together, before threading through the flowers and fairy lights. On the day they looked really pretty though, so it was all worth the effort.

Saturday, 5 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Happy 2013 everybody! And with the start of the new year I have decided to add a new banner to the blog to bring it up to date with my new branding! Over the coming year I have a variety of exciting new projects to show you - some of which will feature this updated branding, so I hope you like it! The banner also contains contact information, so please do continue to send me emails and tweets! I have decided to keep my floral border though, as this will be featuring on new products for VYD in 2013 - keep checking back if you want to find out more! (A screen shot with the old banner is above).